OUR CORE BELIEFS
The following are the core beliefs of Trinidad Christian Centre based on the foundational truths taught in the bible. All of our teaching and ministry is rooted in and flows out of these biblical doctrines.
There is one eternally existing God who has three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is the creator of all that exists, both visible and invisible, and is therefore worthy of all glory and praise. God is perfect in love, power, holiness, goodness, knowledge, wisdom, justice, and mercy. He is unchangeable and therefore is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
God has revealed himself to us through his son, Jesus Christ, who is the visible image of the invisible God, the holy scriptures, and through all of creation itself. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; In His virgin birth; In His sinless life; In His miracles; In His atoning death through His shed blood; In His bodily resurrection and ascension to the right hand of the Father; In His personal return to this earth in power and glory.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
Humans, both male and female, were created in God's image for His glory. The first humans, Adam and Eve, were created without sin and appointed as caretakers of the rest of God's creations.
When Adam and Eve chose not to obey God, they ceased to be what they were made to be and became distorted images of God. This caused them to fall out of fellowship with God, and fractured all of creation ever since that time.
Jesus Christ came to reconcile us with God. He lived a life without sin and willingly died on the cross to pay the penalty for our transgressions. God raised him from the dead and now, by grace, offers as a free gift eternal life to all who follow Christ, by faith, as their Lord and Savior. That is why salvation can be found in Christ alone.
The Church is meant to be the visible body of Christ, sent into the world to glorify God and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is returning one day to judge both the living and the dead and to usher in the fullness of God's kingdom on earth.
- To restore the truths which satan has stolen from the Church of Jesus Christ
- To reinstitute the Apostolic Ministry characteristic of the Early Church.
- To rekindle the Flames of Revival.
- To reveal the hidden mysteries of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To ignite and pass the ‘Torch of God’s Testimony’ to the next generation.
- To pray for the salvation of lost souls and for God’s will to be done on earth.
- To instruct, direct, and guide people in the Holy Scriptures to know Jesus Christ through a personal relationship which begins with the ‘New Birth’.
- To teach the Word of God in a manner that all might understand, comparing scripture with scripture, whereby allowing scripture to interpret itself.
- To help believer establish all the Christian foundations in their life as outlined in the Word of God and to help them grow to Christian maturity.
- To turn men and women from spiritual darkness to light, from the power of Satan unto Jesus Christ and into the experience of the ‘New Birth’ making them sons and daughters of God.
- To motivate Christians to become doers of the Word, and not hearers only.
- To work towards the spiritual, emotional and physical upliftment of the people.
- To support our national leaders in solving the spiritual, social and economic problems of our nation.